Tuesday 10th December 2013
Cee’s Challenge this week if you want to join in on the fun click the link for more info and a visit to her site…
Would you rather …
- Always have the sun in your eyes, while driving no matter where you go -OR-have to use your heater, full blast, in the summer and AC, full blast in the winter (also while driving)? Answer – There is no other than to use heater an AC, because one can still drive and even open windows.
- Be able to go forward in time on 3 different occasions in your life – OR- go back in time once? Answer – I would choose going back once, when there I could change all that I wish, and then my future would be as I would have wanted.
- Be considered annoying -OR- boring? Answer – I am already considered to be both, so picking one would make no difference at all.
- Be the last-ranked person in an accelerated high school class -OR- the first-ranked person in a decelerated high school class? Answer – Not sure what this is exactly, but guessing I would go for the ranked in an accelerated high school class. Not sure really.
- Drive 100 miles on a freeway with speed bumps every ½ mile -OR- drive 100 miles on a freeway that is completely covered with those little reflective lane dividers? Answer – In my case it would have to be reflective lane dividers, thinking of car damage..and the speed bumps are so very annoying.
- Find out the house you just bought sits on top of an earthquake fault -OR- an top of an old burial ground? Answer - burial ground for me, keep reminding me I am alive and need to live it well. Plus as I am a bore it would be dead boring wouldn’t it. ;)
- Have an itch in the middle of your back at all times -OR- an eyelash in your eye all the time? Answer – An itch, and forever walking about with a long handled back scratcher, or Velcro stitched on the inside of my shirts. Automatically scratching as I walk.
- Have your picture be on the one dollar bill – OR – on the cover of every magazine and newspaper once? Answer – dollar bill because living in the UK I wouldn’t have to look at it.
- Never again be able to make a right-had turn while driving -OR- never again be able to go more than 3 blocks straight in a row while driving in your town? Answer – Both an impossibility where I live, but if a choice was made, then then it would be to never again make a right turn, not too bad here as mostly it left side drive and left turns are easier.
- See everything in slow-motion -OR- see everything at double speed? Answer – Slow motion for me, my life knows no different, I am almost at a stop anyway.
Monday 7th October 2013.
For the first time for a very long time I have decided to do a post on my Writing Hell blog. I apologise for neglecting it, but with all the others and my new one “Sitting on the Porch” and the posting of my story [in chapters] The Parchment I been very neglectful with respect to this one. I am hoping to keep it alive, but I feel it has become redundant. All the original ideas I had for it has fallen flat. Maybe this can be the start of rejuvenating it. Open to suggestions.
Have you ever bungee jumped? If you haven’t, would you want to?
Answer – Has never interested me, but maybe might have when a young adventurous person. But probably not.
For your computer Mac or Windows based computer? Desktop, laptop, Pad or other?
Answer – Desktop and Laptop [HP] both Windows and small notebook [Toshiba] also Windows. Mac in the UK is over double the price and its benefits are no better.
If you were instantly able to play one musical instrument perfectly that you never have played before, what would it be?
Answer – Well I find it a little difficult, because I play guitar, and when in bands I also played a little flute, mandolin, harmonica electric bass. I tried piano but it never struck a chord [heehee pun] with me, however over the past years I would love to play either perfect jazz saxophone or bluegrass banjo. So any offers.
Describe yourself in at least four uplifting words.
Answer – Sincere, honest, genuine and original. Also known to be loving, considerate and caring.
July 1st 2013 Monday.
Cee’s Challenge please enjoy and join in by following the link..
Do you prefer long hair or short hair for yourself?
Answer – Long Hair always been for me, but today with thinning hair, it is not advisable for me.
Here I am with long hair.
Here I am with my Geordie friends and my friend John. ‘circa 1974’ This photo was taken up in Gateshead, their home town. Approx. 356 mile away from my home.
Did you grow up in a small or big town? Did you like it?
Answer – I grew up in a village, Brockenhurst, was born in a nearby village named Lyndhurst, which is located in the New Forest. An English village is quite small, everyone knew what everyone was doing. But not many knew what me and John or me and Dennis was up to. Naughty boys,!!!! I am a country boy, and love it far more than city.
The road where I lived. My house would have been opposite the tree on the right.
What as your favorite food as a child? Do you eat it now?
Answer – My mother used to make spaghetti and cheese with tomatoes, and she used to use a variety of four different cheeses. I do make my own version, and do enjoy it, but never equals what I remember of my mother’s
Regarding outdoor temperature which would you prefer – Sunny and hot – Cool and Breezy – Cold and Snowy – Cloudy and Rain/Drizzle – Other?
Answer – I like sunny and hot, because it creates a mood of happiness, but because of my health issues, asthma, my body prefers Cool and breezy.
http://cobbies69.wordpress.com/ Fabulous stories and articles.
Fighting Against Child and Adult Exploitation
Sunday 9th June 2013…
After seeing other on the Facebook Nanowrimo pages and the amount of people joining in on this project.. I just thought shall I? Still not 100% sure, still 21 days to go to be absolutely sure. So I will post this and see if I get any feedback, which would be greatly appreciated.
Due to unforeseen, and unexpected circumstances.. I will probably have more spare time on my hands this coming month. I was not intending to do the July Camp Nano My reasoning behind me doing, or trying to do it is that I do write better under pressure of time. The quality might not be there, but this is me, but I do seem to relish the battle of word counts against the clock. I always enjoy the logging of word count and seeing the percentage required to finish in time.. My current story ‘Birth of the Wizard Prince’ which I did in the April Campnano, I reached my word count and completed the challenge. I did not, however finish the story, and it is still in the writing. So I thought I might be able to finish the story when under pressure against the clock. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..and if I do attempt the project again, would you like my weekly updates.. And if I get put into a cabin maybe might get some that want to communicate,,, and this would make a story to tell as well… All is starting 1st July 2013, but preps are going on now….
Would any one like to read the story in small chunks posted weekly when each piece has been satisfactorily edited..it would be incentive for me at the same time.
The best for music and request pop over and leave a request…
http://geeton1.wordpress.com/ Fighting Child Exploitation and Adults
http://cobbie69.wordpress.com/ A Written word Blog..
Monday 13th May 2013
Join in by clicking the link and visit Cee for more info:::::
Do you like winter, or not, and why?
Answer - Here in the UK I once liked winter, a mix of rain and wind and lovely bright sunny frosty mornings. But the last couple of winters we have a lot of rain and many depressing days, and we are still having winter weather in May, and still bloody depressing.
Are you a listener or talker?
Answer – I would have to say a listener because I am not very good at talking. Even when I write things down. So my one good ear takes a lot of bashing lately.
What is your favorite juice or fruit drink?
Answer – I am not actually juice or fruit juice drinker, but I will say I love Lipton’s Ice Tea, flavours are lemon or peach, and will have either.
What do you have to be so happy about?
Answer – I cannot actually answer this at this moment in time, because in truth I cannot say there is anything to be so happy about, maybe my guitar my real friend, and apart from the fact that I am still breathing. Just!
6th May 2013 Monday.
Click the above links to join in with this lovely challenge…
On a vacation what you would require in any place that you would stay? Question came from Wanderings of an Elusive Mind
Answer – Tea and coffee-making facility.
If you were or are a writer do you prefer writing short stories, poems or novels?
Answer – I would normally say a mix of all three,, but with recent events I have decided none, stopping it altogether because I am only kidding myself and have been kidded and laughed by others.
What’s your favorite song of the moment?
If you were to buy a new house/apartment what is the top items on your wish list?
Answer – A partner that loves me and I love them..